Servings: 20 silver dollar pancakes
1 1/2 cups of hazelnut meal
1/2 tbsp baking soda (aluminum free)
Pinch of sea salt
3 large pastured eggs
1/4 cup homemade buttermilk* or coconut milk
1 tbsp real maple syrup
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp of coconut oil or grass fed butter melted +enough to fry the pancakes in.
1. Add the juice of half a lemon to 1/4 cup of raw organic milk, stir it and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
2. Add 1 tbsp of Natural Hazelnut Extract and 1/4 cup of 100% cocoa powder to turn these unto Nutella Pancakes.
3. Separate the eggs. Whip the yolks with the (cooled) fat until they are creamy.
4. Incorporate the milk, vanilla and maple syrup.
5.Add in the almond flour, salt and baking soda, and mix until baatter is smooth.
6.Whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks, and then *slowly* incorporate them into the batter, taking care not to deflate them.
7. Grease a griddle or frying pan and heat it up. Drop batter onto griddle by the spoonful, enough to make 3'' pancakes.
8.Cook them for 2-3 minutes, keeping an eye on them, as nut flours tend to burn the second you look away.
9.Gently flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until done.