2 bunches of rainbow chard, thoroughly washed (can be substituted for lacinato kale or rapini)
6 tbsp of olive oil
6-8 bulbs of garlic, thinly sliced
1-2 tbsp of Harissa powder*
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp of Pine Nuts, lightly toasted
1/2 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and halved lengthwise
1.Trim the bottom stems of the leaves, and stack 2-4 leaves on top of each other.
2. Tightly toll them lengthwise and julienne it into thin ribbons (between 1/4 and 1/2 inch)
3. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat olive oil, and add garlic. Cook the garlic until golden, being careful for it not to burn.
4. Add olives and harissa. Slowly add the chard, a handful at a time.
5. Add salt and cook the chard until it is just glistening, about 3-4 minutes.
6.Add the lemon zest and top it with pine nuts.
2 tsp of garlic powder
3 tsp of cumin
2 dried piri piri peppers and 2 dried Anaheim peppers OR 4 tbsp of red chili peppers
2 tsp of paprika
1 tsp caraway seeds
1. Lightly toast all ingredients, but dry chili in a sauté pan until fragrant.
2. Grind all ingredients together with a mortar and pestle or in a spice grinder.
3. Keep leftovers in a spice jar.