Servings: 1 to 6
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
3 or more anchovy fillets
1 28oz can of whole organic plum tomatoes, BPA-Free
2 tbsp capers
Crushed red pepper to taste
1/2 c Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
Flat leaf parsley for garnish
Leftover cooked broccolini, swiss chard, lacinto kale, or other hearty greens
1. Sauté garlic and anchovies in olive oil until the garlic is fragrant.
2. Drain and crush tomatoes with hands or fork and add them to the skillet.
3. Add salt and crushed red pepper to taste.
4. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes break down, about 10 minutes.
5.Add olives and capers and continue to simmer.
6. Make a well on the sauce and carefully add in the eggs, one at a time.
7.Cover and cook for about 20 min.
8.Add in leftover greens, if using.
9.Cook for 5 or 10 additional minutes, or until yolks are cooked as desired.
10. Garnish with chopped parsley and crushed red pepper.
11. If making less than 6 eggs, set aside some of the sauce for use with spaghetti squash, or over steak Sauce will keep for up to a week in a mason jar in the fridge.