1 large pastured egg yolk
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
~1/2 cup of olive oil, macadamia oil, avocado oil or a mix of them
Coarse sea salt
1. Add all ingredients, but the oil, to a food processor or a bowl.
2. Pulse or whisk until well combined.
3. With the motor running on the food processor, slowly add the oil in a steady stream, until the mixture thickens and emulsifies.
4. If doing it by hand, whisk the mixture with one hand while slowly adding the oil with the other, until it thickens and emulsifies.
5. Mayo can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.