3 dried red chiles, broken up (I use the Brazilian malagueta)
2 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp lime zest
2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (I use US farm-raised shrimp)
2 tbsp organic ghee or olive oil
16 oz organic coconut milk
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, shredded by hand Sea Salt
1. In a large skillet, sautée the onions and garlic until translucent.
2. Add the coconut milk, sea salt, chiles, coriander, cumin, zest and ginger.
3. Let it come to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes to meld the flavors.
4. Add the shrimp, and cook over low heat until they become opaque, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the cilantro, and serve over (cauliflower) rice.